I. Follow these instructions in sequence for "first time" setting:
Set The Time
1. Pull crown "out" when second hand reaches 60 second marker. All hands will stop.
2. Move hands forward until date changes. (This establishes midnight.)
3. Now continue to turn hands forward until the minute hand is slightly ahead of the desired minute marker and then turn back to this marker. (If setting the watch after 12:00 noon, advance hands an additional 12 hours.)
4. When time standard being used to set watch reaches 60th second, push crown "in."
Set The Date
5. With crown in its normal "in" position, turn it clockwise (away from you) to desired date.
Note: The date will advance automatically at midnight, provided a.m. and p.m. have been established (step 2). On the first day of each month, following a month with less than 31 days, advance the date manually.
II. The following instructions are for any desired resetting of the time or the date:
To Reset The Time
Hands may be turned in either direction. Exact hand synchronization may be achieved as follows:
1. Pull crown "out" when sweep-second hand is exactly at 60 second marker. All hands will stop.
2. Turn hands until minute hand is slightly ahead of desired minute marker; then turn backward to this marker. When time standard, by which you are setting your timepiece, reaches the 60th second push crown "in" (without turning). All hands will start instantly.
To Reset or Advance The Date
With the crown in normal "in" position, turn it clockwise (away from you) to the desired date.